Trade shows are also an important pillar of the event industry in France. A trade show is an exhibition that takes place over several days and brings together professionals from the same sector to showcase their activities. In France, there is an average of a thousand of them per year, spread all over the country, even if Paris gathers the biggest and most famous ones.
The importance of trade shows in France
- Trade fairs enable companies to sign more than 17 million contracts, for a turnover of approximately 30 billion euros.
- More than 80% of a company’s trade show sales are realized after the show: a trade show is an opportunity to exhibit your brand in order to make it known. So it’s a long-term job, which is far from ending right after the show.
- There is also a return on investment of 1 for 8, which means that for every 1€ invested, the salon can bring back 8€ to the company.
- 42,000 companies participate in trade shows each year, 86% of the stands are companies with less than 50 employees.42,000 companies participate in trade shows each year, 86% of the stands are companies with less than 50 employees.
- In Ile de France alone, trade shows attracted 8 million visitors in 2015 and 21 million nationwide.
- According to an Ipsos survey, 27% of companies believe that exhibiting at a trade show is “the most effective medium for improving the image” of the company.
Among the most famous fairs in France, we can mention the following ones
- The Paris Air Show (aeronautics)
- The International Agricultural Show
- The Paris International Boat Show
- The Mondial de l’automobile
In recent years, we have also seen the development of “online” trade shows where visitors can go virtually while having the same interactions as a physical show.
The importance of trade shows for companies
A trade show can represent a key moment for a young company and can even decide its future. Some entrepreneurs do not hesitate to spend several thousand euros to develop their business.
Some entrepreneurs do not hesitate to spend several thousand euros to develop their business.
Moreover, there are multiple advantages for companies: first of all, and as we said above, trade shows allow to prospect, to find new clients and maybe to launch internationally.
Second, some use trade shows to introduce their new products to the public. Large companies often do this, announcing a few days before the show that a big announcement will be made to keep the faithful in suspense
A trade show is also a time to build partnerships and get to know your market better. What better way to observe your competitors directly and discreetly than at a trade show?
Finally, a trade show will considerably strengthen the links between your teams. Enfin, un salon renforcera considérablement les liens entre vos équipes.
For all these reasons, we strongly encourage you to attend a show if you can.