What is an ERP solution?
An ERP or enterprise resource planning system is software that allows you to manage all the functions of your business, including accounting and finance, sales, your customers and suppliers and production.
This type of system allows the automation of some of your daily tasks and centralizes most or all of your company’s information
The software is composed of different modules that communicate with each other and share the same database.
Each module is specialized in a particular field of activity but they all use the same data.
Currently in the market there are different types of ERP depending on the sector of activity of the company.
In order for the software to be integrated, it must guarantee a real time update of the modified information in all modules.
In the service sector, ERP vendors are often in competition with CRM software vendors, but the latter are limited to project management functionalities without intervening in the administrative management functions of a company.
Benefits of ERP systems
The undeniable advantages of using an ERP software to manage your business are:
- Increased productivity: an ERP will allow you to streamline and automate your key work processes, so every member of your team can be more efficient with fewer resources.
- Global overview of information: by using an ERP you will have one complete source of information
- Faster reporting: an ERP will allow you to pull reports directly so you can manage your projects, finances and resources more easily.
- Simplified computer network: By using an ERP, you will need only one software to accomplish all tasks.
- Increased agility: By improving your organization, decision making will be more agile and you will be able to be proactive.
The future of ERP systems
Currently, there are three main areas of ERP evolution in the market:
- Cloud system: More and more companies are opting for a cloud ERP system because it provides remote access at any time, the cost of hardware and technical support is reduced, security is enhanced and integration with other systems is made easier.
- Vertical integration: an ERP software allows to vertically integrate all the activities necessary for the company both upstream and downstream.
- User-specific customization:The various users of the ERP software all want content and functionalities adapted to their needs and their position in the company. They will be able to leverage personalized dashboards, AI-based search, personalized live chats, or personalized workflows, all across devices.
ERP in the event industry
Whether you are a venue or an event agency, project management is at the heart of event planning and will allow you to define how the event will unfold. You will also have a follow-up of its progress in real time.
Il existe aujourd’hui des logiciels ERP dédiés à la gestion d’événements, comme Today, there are ERP software dedicated to event management, such as Lab Event, which allow you to design and manage an event from A to Z.
Every user action is automatically recorded in the database in real time, and this allows you to work as a team.
Event ERP software centralizes all the information required for the smooth running of events and is designed as independent but connected modules.
You will find a CRM module, an event module, a provider management module, a finance module and also a statistics module.